[OM] A&I Mailer

Subject: [OM] A&I Mailer
From: "danrich" <danrich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 21:08:19 -1000
- ---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
From: John and Julie Ockman <jrockman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:  Sun, 16 Mar 2003 17:13:26 -0500

>...I just bought the A&I mailers from B&H because I have seen
>people rave about their quality, and I have heard/experienced too
>many processing horror stories about/from Kodak/Qualex. I have 6
>rolls going out tomorrow. Sure hope they come back in plastic
>mounts.

Nope, the mounts will be cardboard, white cardboard, with a big,
black "A&I" imprinted.  The processing will be okay, though.

>I have never dealt with A&I before and am sure hope they are
>better than when I sent my stuff to Rochester.

They're both better and faster.  The only problem I've had in more
than three years is they once sent some of my slides to somebody
else.  Fortunately, the "somebody else" was decent enough to send
them on to me.

>I am sending some junk shots at 1st just to be sure. My mailer
>for A&I only say they are for E-6 films, and say nothing about
>brand. I have a friend who buys Kodak mailers for his 120
>Velvia from B&H. He has never had a problem.
>John

The mailers are good for Kodachrome too.  At least, mine are.  And
you can buy them directly from A&I.  I'm not sure if there's any
reduction in price, though they seem to be a different color from
the ones that come from B&H.

Walt

A&I
10 35mm E-6 Mailers $6.00 $60.00
Shipping & Handling:  $3.50
Total Amount:  $63.50

Let's see 10 for 63.50 vs. Fiji Mailers at 3.75
Why are A&I mailer almost doubled?
Dan