[OM] Photos of Turkey

Subject: [OM] Photos of Turkey
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 12:05:57 +0000
Hi All

I am still working on my proper website, but in the meantime I have put some photos of Turkey on my .Mac Homepage at:

http://homepage.mac.com/zuiko/PhotoAlbum6.html

Turkey is still a wonderful place to visit. I write "still" because its monuments are crumbling through lack of maintenance. There are thousands of ancient buildings some dating back 3,000 years (although they are only remnants), such as the Phoenician temple that I visited while I was stationed temporarily at Incirlik. The people are very friendly and my only problem with the place is the way the Government treats the Kurds.

All photos on the Homepage were taken with an OM4 on Velvia in 2000. I know that it has taken me a while to scan them, but times were busy in the meantime: left Turkey in Jun, started at AFNORTH in Holland in August, hated the job so left for flying again in Jan 2001; I did not settle down at home until October 2001... then I had to help with the garden and washing the dishes ;-)

Let me know if any images offend - politically or aesthetically ;-)

Chris

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.