[OM] Thanks a tripod advice (was Re: Need advice on Manfrotto 410 / Boge

Subject: [OM] Thanks a tripod advice (was Re: Need advice on Manfrotto 410 / Bogen 3257 Geared Head)
From: Klaus Elmquist Nielsen <klaus.elmquist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:13:16 +0100
Hi all,

I like to say a great many thank you for all the advice I received.

And thanks a lot for the pointers to the Arca Swiss B1 ball head and the
Benbo and UNI-LOC tripods. A list member has actually offered me to buy
a used UNI-LOC tripod. Interesting. I will look into the Arca Swiss B1
once I have plenty of money again.

I bought my Manfrotto 055PROB (Bogen 3021BPRO) tripod and 410 (Bogen 3275)
geared
head this monday and have so far only have time to read the manuals and make two
test shots at home.

First I tried my OM-2 and 135/4.5 macro with 65-116 tube first. No tripod collar
as I don't own one. Seems to be less stable and have some sharpness problems
at the longest position. Does anyone know if a tripod collar will help on this?

Second I tried my OM-*Ti with a 90/2 macro. Very stable. I really look forward
try them for real. The test pictures was taken with this combination.

As the first subjects I will try are spring flowers close to the ground, I
will mount the head on the head attachment plate. Film will be Velvia,
Ektachrome
Infrared and maybe Ektachrome 64.

Cheers and thanks a lot for your great advices,
Klaus

PS: Does anyone have experience with the Manfrotto Micro Positioning Plate
(454)?