Re: [OM] Re: Some comment on digital resolution and Oly 4/3 system

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Some comment on digital resolution and Oly 4/3 system
From: "Gareth.J.Martin" <g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:00:44 +0000
Out of interest does anyone know what the costs would be to make hardcopies of 2160 (assuming Jez used 36 exposures per roll of his +60 rolls of Velvia) digital images of the same quality as the Velvia slides? I know the two cases aren't exactly comparable but I'm just curoius!
All the best,
Gareth.

<devil's advocate mode on>
How many rolls of Velvia do you want to put on the analog side of the
scales?
(I got thru >60 rolls last year, which meant $660 in film and developing in
1 year)
<devil's advocate mode off>

Jez (still analog, still consuming Velvia!)

Gareth.J.Martin

Research Postgraduate
School of Geographical Sciences
University of Bristol
University Road
Bristol BS8 1SS

g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
attackwarningred@xxxxxxxxxxx
eclipsing.binary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NE NLCOG - The amateur NLC observing group:
http://freespace.virgin.net/eclipsing.binary

"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible."

Arthur C. Clarke's Second Law.

"There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum."

Arthur C. Clarke