Re: [OM] A Bay Area Zuikoholics meeting

Subject: Re: [OM] A Bay Area Zuikoholics meeting
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 00:50:54 -0800
Sounds good to me. Not much chance of political hotspots other than maybe the southside of campus or downtown. All the serious action so far is in SF. The East Bay activists I know of have been heading over there.

Please note that South Park Drive in the park is closed Nov. through Mar. to save the newts and won't be open Sunday. Easy enough to get around without it, but less confusing if one knows before hand.

Michael's suggestion of the Pyramid brewery for food and drink isn't bad except it's quite a ways from Tilden. Close to the I-80 freeway, though. Are we all supposed to wear funny hats or something :-) Or will wearing o' the OM be sufficient identifier?

Moose

Jim Brokaw wrote:

My proposal is to get together at Tilden Park at ~1:00PM Sunday afternoon. There are
some interesting things to photograph there, and it appears to be located relatively
central in the Bay Area, yet away from any 'political' hotspots... although it is in
Berkeley, so maybe we'll have other interesting opportunities for street photography
<g>.

I propose that we meet at the 'Steam Trains' exhibit, as that will be
interesting to start with, and we can figure out if there are other areas to
check out. Here is a link to a page with directions and some info on the part
attractions:

<http://www.ebparks.org/parks/tilden.htm#MAPTO>