Re: [OM] Rescanning.....

Subject: Re: [OM] Rescanning.....
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 14:58:05 -0800
Thanks Tom, for reminding me of one area where I haven't screwed up. I've always kept the original scan files and only worked on copies. The other thing I have done almost from the beginning of my film scanner use is to avoid any color/contrast, etc. adjustments in the scanning process, saving that for later in Photoshop. I notice Jan suggested this as a solution to a scanning problem today.

I will remain reticent for now about those other areas where I have been less wise or foresighted.

Moose

Tom Scales wrote:

I have learned so much since then and committed the fatal error of newbie
scanners.  I saved my changes on top of the original.  This was during my 'if a
little Unsharp mask is good, then a lot of USM is great' period and now I
appreciate the subtleties better.