Re: [OM] How to hot shoe supports back on?

Subject: Re: [OM] How to hot shoe supports back on?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 23:19:08 -0800
There is another solution with the OM-1n, but not the OM-1. The TTL Auto Connector Type 4 fits the OM-1, allowing the flash to be mounted on a separate bracket. Takes care of T-32 weight/torque issues and red-eye too.

Moose

Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

BA, here's a very effective & permanent solution for the fragile and
perpetually loose hot shoes on the 1 and 2.  It has worked perfectly for me.

Replace the body with a 4.  No amount of torque will make that shoe stay in
place and it's not sturdy enough to secure a T32 anyway, in my opinion.  On
the other hand, an OM-1 will probably still be working several decades after the last
capacitor in the last circuit board in the last 4 expires.  <shrug>
No free lunch?  I think the solution for 1 owners is to keep the shoe in a film
can so it cannot fall off.