Re: [OM] OT: Nikon Envy, Part 17-Affordable super-teles?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Nikon Envy, Part 17-Affordable super-teles?
From: "Mickey Trageser" <vze3m2s8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 13:25:40 -0500
I think that Nikon is cheaper because of name recognition. It draws people
with extra $$ but little knowledge. More sold than actually used. More
available in the used market. Olympus tends to draw knowlegable people.
Fewer were made and purchased. Fewer available to the people who appreciate
those high quality lenses. The price goes up. Supply and Demand is coupled
to quality in this case.
-Mickey