Re: [OM] Rod Planck Seminar, Nikon VR

Subject: Re: [OM] Rod Planck Seminar, Nikon VR
From: Dizel <webmaster@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:52:27 +0100
For everything else,
except for those whose eyesight is not good, manual focus should be
used. Like exposure, only the photographer knows what point should be
focused on and what elements need to have the right exposure.

Exactly. A wise words :)

There was a Nikon representative there with some of the latest Nikon
gear. I handled a Nikon F100 with the new 70-200 VR lens. The autofocus
was very fast and the VR was impressive. If wildlife, action or
handheld telephoto work was one of my main forms of photography, I
could not live without this technology.

It depends of the photographer skill :) Look here:
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
:)

Ahh.. Delights of manual cameras.. BTW (warning! non-Oly
content!!) -  even a uncoated, universally disliked lens
from before WWII can work beautifully..:

http://watteau.neurosoft.net/flare/summar.jpg
http://watteau.neurosoft.net/flare/summar2.jpg
                                St.
             (XS360 Diesel - Sampo Lappelil, ZliMC)
                  http://www.familyofman2.com
 GH !d a- C--- E--- W+++ N++ o++++ PS+++ !tv b+++ D++ e* h* r++ z**