RE: [OM] Tamron 80-200/2.8 versions

Subject: RE: [OM] Tamron 80-200/2.8 versions
From: "Bob Fenstermacher" <bobfenstermacher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 22:48:48 -0800
Thanks Moose,

I am constantly amazed by the depth of knowledge that this group has-it's
astounding. We newer guys/gals are a bit intimidated occasionally but those
of you who have been around a bit longer are worth the kidding and (usually
among the oldies) occasional technical disagreements.  (I can't even follow
the threads because I have no idea what the technology is you're discussing.
If I keep reading long enough, I may get it, huh?)

As to the 80-200, I may be getting one soon. Both of my (very different)
Vivitar S1 70-210's have some shortcomings as well as a Vivitar S1 28-90
that is the weakest of the three. Will also look into the Tokina 80-200/2.8
as well as the Tamron 28-105/2.8 which is an $800 new lens (B&H ) vs. the
Zuiko 35-80. As you undoubtedly know, Tom Scales just sold his Zuiko for
$1299 which is $300 less than retail if you could find one in a store, but
$400+ more than they used to go for on xb#y.

Also, going to work on my longer lens techniques ...there's so much to
learn.

Thanks!

Bob

<http://medfmt.8k.com/third/cult.html#vivitar>...

>How much sharper depends second on the individual lens you have.

>How much sharper depends third on technique...

Moose

Bob Fenstermacher wrote:

>Give a relative newbie a break, are there two versions of this thing or am
I mistaken?

>I've been using a Vivitar S1 70-210 and wondering why my shots are soft for
all this time, so any  improvement will be an improvement.

>Now that I look kind of stupid, does anyone want to part with this
obviously heavy, large, ungainly, unsharp lens...??