Re: [OM] Sigma 3.5/14

Subject: Re: [OM] Sigma 3.5/14
From: Christoph Berndt <christob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 07:08:33 +0100
Am 26.03.2003 0:24 Uhr schrieb "Dorothée Rapp" unter <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Walt Wayman schrieb:
>> No opinion, although I tried to snipe one on the evil thing last
>> year at 333 U.S. dollars and 33 U.S. cents and came up short.  I
>> don't remember what it finally went for or how that compares
>> to "450,-â?¬", whatever that is or those are.
>
> Euro probably - about equal or little more than one USD.

Yes, i meant EURO -

> Obviously it
> has a *very warm colour cast, sticking out in slide shows between other
> lenses, some vignetting of course, I've heard from somebody who saw it
> falling apart during a pro job...

Do you mean that it brokes mechanical, or do you mean that its optical
performance was not good enough for the pro job?

> If you've got the money and want it for the effects - go for it :)

Yeah, i think i want this effect, ´cause 18mm are not very wide, aren´t
> (would that be from Koester?

Oh, you know Koester, no the Sigma is not from there, but a private seller.

ciao, Christoph