Re: [OM] OM1 Metering

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1 Metering
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 11:18:13 -0500
At 04:57 PM 3/26/03 +0100, Paul Van Gossum wrote:

From my personal experience I know the OM-1 meter is strongly influenced by light entering from the viewer (up to 2 stops).

If the lens is slow, the amouth of light from the lens is less, while the amount of light from the viewer stays the same, making the error more visible (pictures are more underexposed).

That's the reason I bought my first OM-2 oh so many years ago. I was using the OM-1 for a lot of macro work and the only way I could get decent meter readings at fairly high magnifications was to use an eyecup to block the extraneous light. The OM-2 with it's OTF exposure metering worked much better for me.

Later,
Johnny