Re: [OM] lcd brightness problem

Subject: Re: [OM] lcd brightness problem
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 11:24:43 -0800
I know this is simplistic and certainly not Wayne's problem, but the brightness of the LCD is provided by ambient light coming through the little white piece of plastic on the front of the prism housing (except for those oh so few seconds after the illumination button is pressed). Just a few days ago, outdoors in bright light, I pressed lightly on the shutter release to check an exposure and thought for a moment that the camera wasn't working. Then the light in my head went on, I pushed up the brim of my hat, and there was the display! Same thing can happen with dim overhead lighting behind you so the camera is in your shadow, esp. with a T32 in the shoe.

I hope it's something simple like that.

Moose

W Shumaker wrote:

I have a camera like that as well. I thought it was some contacts
somewhere in the camera. This winter was very dry and the problem
disappeared on its own. However, I suspect my camera display problem
will return in the coming damp weather.<snip>

Hi,
The brightness of the lcd meter on my OM4 changes intermittently. Meter info is invisible indoor when it is off. Sometimes it goes on(bright enough to see)after shutter is released few times. The battery is new. Battery check is alright. Back light is working. So is there a check point on this? Peter