[OM] Flash for OM-1

Subject: [OM] Flash for OM-1
From: BA <ande@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 23:18:32 -0800
Hi, all,

Now that I know how to fix my hot shoe, I guess it's time to get some
flash capability.  I would greatly appreciate some input from
you-who-know-way-more-than-I ...

From looking at the manual for my camera, which is an OM-1MD and not
an OM-1(n), these look like my options:

1) Quick Auto 310, with Bounce Grip 1 (can I use Bounce Grip 2?  If
not, how do I tell the difference between them?)  Optional: Syncro
Cord.  Optional: Remote Sensor.  Optional: F.AC adaptor.

2) PS200 flash unit.

3) PS200 Quick flash unit.

4) non-OEM (my spousal unit recommends to avoid this, and to go for
auto-flash, which makes option 1 my front-runner).

Are there any more options that have arisen since the manual was
written?

Does this look like a good thing ...
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2918700246&category=15239

Olympus has an accessories compatibility chart, but it doesn't go back
far enough to include OM-1.  Does anyone have such a thing for OM-1?