[OM] Identifying your camera-Why?

Subject: [OM] Identifying your camera-Why?
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 02:58:56 EST
Bob F. wrote:
snip
>Perhaps, the best solution is to never let it be in a vulnerable place
snip

An uncle had a top of the line stereo -- out of sight back inside the
shuttered shelves in the laundry room.  Left out in plain sight in the living
room was his old one.  Thieves are usually in a hurry, and will grab what's
easily seen and toted out.  If they're bold and show up with a van --
insurance.

Be creative about where you keep valuables, whether on your person or at
home.

Tom wrote:
snip
>Wouldn't a list of the serial numbers be enough ID? With a copy in your
>safe-deposit box.       ... time for an inventory.

One of the best things to do in addition to a complete inventory list and
insurance is to videotape or photograph all your valuables and keep THAT
record in a safety deposit box, along with receipts, descriptions, serial
nos., any distinguishing marks, etc.  Helps keep the tight-fisted ins.
adjustor from questioning your inventory list, too.

Never put your SSAN on anything, period.  Identity theft is a real problem
now, so I wouldn't put a driver's license on anything anymore, either.  I
worked with one gal from south of the border who went by many names and had
at least 7 different driver's licenses, IDs.  I thought about calling INS,
etc. about her, but don't want to have to wear a toe tag just yet.

Rich