Re: [OM] Flash for OM-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash for OM-1
From: Pschings@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:47:45 -0500
Cc: ande@xxxxxxxxxx
If you want to stick with Olympus, I think the best flash solution Olympus has
is the T32/Bounce Grip 2 combination. Powerful, fast recycle with NiCd's, and
the ability to take the flash of the grip and lighten the load is handy. Plus
there is a good range of other accessories for the T32 like the zoom head,
color filters, and diffusers. I use a Stofen Omnibounce with mine frequently.
It will do TTL with any TTL capable OM body if you ever decide to get one. It
isn't a cheap combination, though. I haven't been watching the market recently,
but I would imagine about $100 for the flash and another $100 for the grip off
of the 'bay. If you have a winder or motor you're going to want the M Grip cord
as well.

I wouldn't recommend the QA310. It's old and only does TTL with the OM-2 and
shoe 2.

If you don't think you'll ever get a TTL capable body, then I'd recommend a
Vivitar 283 or 285. Cheap, powerful, flexible.

Paul