[OM] Formal introduction of a lurking member

Subject: [OM] Formal introduction of a lurking member
From: Per Öhström <poo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 13:07:02 +0100
Hi all Zuiks,

After having lurked on and off this list for quite some time I think I'd better introduce myself. I have really learnt a lot from all the collective expertise on this list (Thanks everyone!) and have decided to try to follow it regularly. Earlier I was put off by the heap of some 700+ mails that could be clogging the mail box if I missed a week, which easily happened. So, I resigned from the list, but missed it and had to subscribe again. Then my email box clogged, and I unsubscribed. And after a few weeks I missed the friendly, informative, and fun discussions, and had to subscribe again. On and off, on and off. Now I've finally realized that I cannot be without this list, so I'd better become a more active (and lasting :-) ) member - not that I have so much to contribute, except for stupid questions, but still...

My photo history in short:
Received my first camera as present at my 5th birthday. Old point-and-shooter for 127 film (fixed focus, fixed exposure, fixed everything). Camera was lost at age of 11-12. After that I borrowed my fathers cameras on and off (Voigtländer Perkeo II for MF, and Zeiss Ikon Contaflex for 135 film). Took a photography and darkroom course at high school, but results disappointing because of my lack of patience in the darkroom. First camera I bought was an Olympus XA-2. I liked the size and the pictures taken on 'sunny 16' days, but found it too limited for close ups and difficult shots, so realized I needed an SLR. Bought a new OM-10 with standard 50mm/1.8 (MiJ), which served as the family shooting camera for many years until my real photo interest was re-awakened 3 years ago. This has led to a aggravated zuikoholism and "darkroomolism" - I have added an OM-1N, an OM-4Ti, and some 10 lenses, an XA, a Hassy 500C with 2 lenses, and I am constantly working on my darkroom equipment.

Perhaps I should add that my interest is in black&white. I only do BW. And I like to develop and copy everything myself. And to my pleasure, my 16-year-old daughter share my interests and shoot her BW films with my old OM-10. And my wife has started learning to use the OM-1N.

And we live in Stockholm, Sweden.

Thank you all for contributing to one of the nicest lists on the Net!

-poo
(or, more formally, Per Öhström)

PS. I am working on a contribution to the TOPE 1, which I believe is still open :-)