Re: [OM] About the new toys, Book II

Subject: Re: [OM] About the new toys, Book II
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 05:24:50 -0800 (PST)
T.Clausen wrote:
>Ahmm, I lost track of most of this thread, however seeing as I
>live a large fraction of my life in the darkroom, what are
>those devices that I can apparently absolutely not live
>without...?  I've got an old (dark room) meeter, and trained
eyes. Do I need more? :)

Existing meter?  Trained eyes?  Well, let me draw a comparison
in this fashion:  What you are currently using is the equivelent
to an OM-1.  This meter and timer equipment is the equivelent of
an OM-4(Ti).

If you are perfectly content with the metering system of the
OM-1, you'll be fine with your existing setup.  But if you
happen to use and like the multi-spot metering system of the
OM-4(Ti) then this will fit like a glove.  The simularities are
uncanny.

There is no substitute for raw experience.  Many people can
eyeball a negative and get a good print without ever firing off
a test print in anger.  I'm not one of those.

Whether you go for the meter or not, the StopClock Professional
really is the ultimate timer.  Likewise, if you don't for the
timer, the meter really is a pretty slick device.  Then they
also have a combo unit that combines the meter with a simplified
timer.

Details can be found at:
RH Designs
www.rhdesigns.co.uk