[OM] Small purchase

Subject: [OM] Small purchase
From: "Mickey Trageser" <vze3m2s8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 13:58:55 -0500
I went to The Greater Baltimore Hamboree and Computerfest in Timonium MD
today. It's one of two large annual Hamfests held at the venue. While the
focus is on Amateur Radio and Television (it's sponsored by the Baltimore
Amateur Radio Club, Inc [BARC]) and computer stuff, it features several
acres of indoor and outdoor venders. They range from tailgaining to trailer
rigs full of wonderful goodies. If you have a radio for sale, you qualify to
be a vender. If you have a radio a coffee pot and most anything else to
sell, it's a great flea market event. Though I haven't seen any livestock,
they cover the gamut from waterfalls to refrigerators, tools to backpacks.
Fun time.

[Insert OM content here:]
I was just about done when I spied a familiar camera. There was an OM-10 on
a table, in fairly good shape. No dents or major scars, just a few spots
where the Chrysler quality paint has come off. It's really pretty clean
other than the paint issues. It included the manual adapter. I put a couple
of batteries in it and was pleased to find that it operated properly and
smoothly in every way. I couldn't leave it orphaned there, so I gave the man
the $100 he asked for it.

Not a great deal, you say? The camera was adorned with a virtually mint
50/1.4 (sorry AG, not a silver nose) with absolutely perfect glass and
pristine blades. Below that was a Winder-2 in perfect operating condition.
Cosmetics better than the camera, but a small bit of paint came off with
some tape he had on it.

So, I walked away pretty happy.
-Mickey :-)