Re: [OM] Small purchase

Subject: Re: [OM] Small purchase
From: "Tom Albright" <n5ksk3@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 15:28:16 -0600
> It was raining. I got wet. Does that make you feel any better? ;-)

No. ;)

> Could you translate the transcript for me and most of the rest of the
gang?

> > FB THR MICKEY
> > WHO SAYS OFS AND OMS DON'T MIX?
> > 73S, QSL?
> >
> > DE N5KSK

Ok:

Fine Business THeRe MICKEY
WHO SAYS Old FartsS AND OMS (we know what those are!) DON'T MIX?
73S (Best Wishes), QSL?  (DO YOU COPY, YOU HARD OF HEARING OF???)

DE (This is) N5KSK (me!)

Interestingly enough, "OM" is hamspeak for "Old Man" (synonymous with "OF")
which is any ham *guy*.  Ham *gals* are ALWAYS "YLs", or "Young Ladies".  I
personally detest hamspeak, although I understand and can converse in it
when necessary... going even further OT in explanation, the abbreviations
are a holdover from the morse code days...  some people still actually speak
that way on the radio, all caps and everything...

So.  I guess I am just an OF of an OM who likes both YLs and OMs.  Confused
yet?  I am!