[OM] Equipment questions for photo class?

Subject: [OM] Equipment questions for photo class?
From: John M Gaasland <gaasland@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 20:14:07 -0800
I'm taking a five day intensive nature photograpy class in the Olympics
in July. The instructors require one long telephoto lens, either a 300mm,
400mm, 500mm, or longer, with a matchin 1.4x. Just wondering what people
on the list are using. I'm considering a Tamron 300/2.8 with a 1.4x and
2x. I don't want to break the bank.

The other lens I will need is a macro. The instructors have specified a
100mm to 200mm. I've thought about getting a Tamron 90/2.5 in either the
49mm or 55mm versions. Any thought about these and other macro lenses
would be appreciated too! I have searched the archives and found some
info, but would like some fresh input. Thanks!

John Gaasland, Olympia, WA.