RE: [OM] Russian 8 and 16mm Fisheyes for OM?

Subject: RE: [OM] Russian 8 and 16mm Fisheyes for OM?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 08:49:56 +0100
Tim

Last year I ordered a Peleng 16mm from a dealer in London, who advertised
them as being in T-mount.  After a couple of days the dealer called me to
back out of the deal, as he could not get the lens to foucs to infinity when
on an OM T-mount, and could see no way to reduce the thickness of the mount
to permit infinity focus because of the bayoner-release mechanism.  This
tells me that although the mount may be M42x0.75 (the same as on a T-mount),
the register is not the same as on a T-mount.  Which was a pity, but I am
very grateful to the dealer for 'fessing up at the outset.  I have seen
other super-wides (maybe the Zenitar) with three screws into the face of the
lens mount which at first sight might be a more straightforward job for a
homebrew mount-swap (a surplus extension tube, maybe?) but you still have
the problem of the bayonet release button(and it is mounted on the extension
tube, not the flange).

If you want to search on a well-known auction site, try seller grizzly66bear
who can get OM mount lenses.  I don't remember seeing her offer any Peleng
lenses, but she clearly has an "in" at the Arsenal factory, and could
probably get one adapted as they claim to have NC-controlled machine tools
for the mount manufacture.

Piers