RE: [OM] My hunt for long, fast glass

Subject: RE: [OM] My hunt for long, fast glass
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 09:56:55 +0100
Assuming that the convertor has perfect light transmission capabilities, if
you double the focal length without doubling the physical aperture, my
arithmetic says that the maximum relative aperture must be halved (ie f/2.8
becomes f/4).

I don't know the B-300, but let's assume that it does have perfect
transmission - I doubt that it doubles the physical aperture!

Piers