Re: [OM] Standard lens?

Subject: Re: [OM] Standard lens?
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 23:02:51 +0200
The problem with the radioactive 1.2 (and radioactive 1.4's) is that they
will get more and more yellow with age.

Another difference between the 50/1.2 and the 55/1.2 according to a British
test around 1982 is that the 50/1.2 had good definition from corner to
corner, whereas the 55/1.2 was much better in the center than in the
corners.

Regards/Mvh.,
Roger Key

Per Ohstrom wrote:

Absolutely!

Thank you Moose for a great and exhaustive coverage of OM standard
lenses.  I can see clearly that I have to try the 55/1.2, and I might even
explain why to my wife! :-)  The problem is, I can also see that I have to
try a 50/1.2. (sigh!)  And Schnooz has just convinced me that I need the
StopClock Professional in stead of the lowlier (and of course cheaper)
Analyser Pro (deep sigh!) which will benefit my bank account even less.

Just one little question is lingering in my mind: How can I tell the
difference between the two versions of the 55/1.2?  Is it the yellow glass
one should look for?  What colour does the non-radioactive glass have?

-poo