Re: [OM] 100/2 and 90 mm

Subject: Re: [OM] 100/2 and 90 mm
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:28:01 -0500
Well, I've owned both and now only own the 90/2.  I do use it primarily for
macro or near-macro, so perhaps that is the reason, but I like the 'look' of
the 90/2 better. The 100/2 is almost too sharp, while the out-of-focus
highlights of the 90/2 are buttery smooth.  I actually prefer the 90/2 for
portraits too, as it results in just a touch softer shots. The 100/2 can be,
in my eye, too harsh.  Every pore shows up remarkably well.

Tom