Re: [OM] You must be joking, Shirley

Subject: Re: [OM] You must be joking, Shirley
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:50:49 -0800
Interesting idea. I'm sure the original idea of color film was to make as accurate a reproduction of the colors that impinge on the film as possible. Now digital sensor/firmware delivers color that is more 'accurate', in that specific sense, than any film and we bemoan the loss of our film's imperfections.

Wo/Mankind; the're so crazy, ya gotta love 'em.

Besides, you don't need those capabilities in the digital 'film'. Photo editing programs can go way beyond any film adjusting 'color reality'.

Moose

Marc Lawrence wrote:

Stephen Troy [mailto:sctroy@xxxxxxxxx] wrote:
How in the world are we going to be able to do this with digital?  It would seem that
with digital, you're locked into one "look."

Hmm, well at least on the c5050z you can vary saturation. You can also adjust the white-balance to some
degree, without filters or "film-changes". You can even run a black & white
"film" through it if you want. There's a sepia tone too. ;-)