Re: [OM] Re: Standard lens?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Standard lens?
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 14:29:38 -0800
on 4/1/03 1:09 AM, Thomas Heide Clausen at T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 00:29:29 -0800
> Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Actually, the 21/2.0 is great for group pictures... not only do you
>> not have to step back, you don't even have to stand up! I think
>> either a 28/2.0 or a 35/2.0 would be the best for indoors group
>> shots (without flash). If you use a flash then you have to make
>> sure the coverage is there, and the 21 is a bit wide for most flash
>> coverages...
>
> Jim,
>
> Doesn't some of the ND/diffuser filters for the T32 increase the
> coverage to the angle of view of a 21mm? I seem to recall something
> like that: without any diffuser, the T32 covers 24mm, with one it can
> go up to 21mm. Or do I have it backwards? Any experience with the
> T32+diffuser+21mm?  (Not counting my 21-35, my widest lens is a Zuiko
> 24mm....)
>
> --thomas

I think there might be a 'wide adapter' for the T-32 that widens it to cover
21mm FOV. I belive it covers 24mm FOV without any adapter. The zoom adapter
narrows the beam only (I think, I'd have to check...). There is a 'wide
adapter' for the F-280 that covers 21mm FOV, I know because I got the F-280
and adapter along with the 21/2.0 lens... In all cases, as you widen the
coverage you lose light strength as there is only a fixed amount of light
coming out. All the more reason to bounce a T-45 and be done with it.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...