Re: [OM] Frugal man's 90mm macro

Subject: Re: [OM] Frugal man's 90mm macro
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 23:53:35 EST
In a message dated 4/1/2003 10:44:51 PM Central Standard Time,
hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> For those of us who, for whatever reason, don't have a 90/2 Zuiko,
> this is the latest model of the Tamron 90 macro, which is a pretty
> fair substitute

I don't think you will find anyone on this list to bad mouth the Tamron SP
90mm f2.5 lens.  There seems to be a preference for the 49mm version. I've
owned both, used both and happen to like the feel of the 49mm one a little
better, however my bet would be that most of us would see little or no
difference between the two.  That might even be said if you threw the Zuiko
in the test group and photographed under "normal" conditions.  Both live at
my house and both get used. The Tamron happens to be in the kit in my car
right now.  Bill Barber