Re: [OM] ? Gitzo Explorer and Tamron 80-200mm f2.8 ?

Subject: Re: [OM] ? Gitzo Explorer and Tamron 80-200mm f2.8 ?
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 12:22:33 -0800
I saw some pictures of a Benbow (?) tripod being used for macro work, kind
of set off-center so you could get close to the subject. You might look into
one of those... I think they make different sizes, perhaps a big one would
handle that 400/4.0 lens. Or you could just send that lens to me, I have a
nice Bogen 3011 that I'm sure it will fit on. Seems like the lens's tripod
foot should point in the direction where the lens is best balanced, if that
can be determined. That might change depending on if the camera body had a
motor on it or not.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...