Re: [OM] ? Gitzo Explorer and Tamron 80-200mm f2.8 ?

Subject: Re: [OM] ? Gitzo Explorer and Tamron 80-200mm f2.8 ?
From: "John Duggan" <john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 23:46:18 +0100
Bill,
        As Jim Brokaw pointed out Benbo tripods have a cult following among
many nature/macro photographers.
 HEALTH WARNING...They are a bit like a demented set of bagpipes or an
octopus with a mind of it's own. They take a bit of getting used to. You
will either love them or loathe them!
They go from the Benbo trekker for about £100/ $150 to heavier duty version
for about $250 or so. Of course if you left it til the summer you would save
17 % V.A.T...try www.speedgraphic.co.uk  (benbo or uni-loc)
Regards.....John Duggan, Wales, UK.