Re: [OM] ? Gitzo Explorer and Tamron 80-200mm f2.8 ?

Subject: Re: [OM] ? Gitzo Explorer and Tamron 80-200mm f2.8 ?
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 18:12:50 -0500
As far as the tripod part of this discussion, I will say, first of
all, that most of my macro stuff is hand-held, in one way or
another, using a variety of contrivances and bracing techniques.

But when the dreaded tripod is required, mine is a Cullmann, made
especially for macro work.  The pertinent part can be seen here if
you scroll to the bottom.  It's denominated the "Model 3060
Extension/Macro Arm."

http://www.rtsphoto.com/html/cullm3.html

Using this thing, I have actually turned an OM-4 upside down,
prism housing touching the ground, and shot up at toadstools and
flowers.  An ordinary, garden-variety Cullmann tripod's legs will
go horizontal, and since the center post is in two pieces, you'll
be just over five or six inches off the ground even without the
3060 thing.

I think I'm going to shut up for the night now.  I've about
exhausted my knowledge and have run smack dab out of opinions.
Think I'll have another cold one.

Walt