[OM] Problem with the lenses I just bought

Subject: [OM] Problem with the lenses I just bought
From: "Boris Grigorov" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 18:22:30 -0500 (EST)
Cc:
 Hi addicts,
In the past week I bought two Zuiko lenses from that website and both came with
the same problem.  I would like to know how common that is.
The 28/3.5 silvernose came in condition actually better than described.  The
seller seems very nice person, one of this people so nice, that you are
actually very careful not to hurt their feelings, and if you accidently do it,
the guilt stays on the back of your head to the rest of your life.
I found that the metal ring that couples the lens with the mount moves.  The
screws are all the way in, I did not unwind any of them, the lens is not mine
and do not want to dig.  Just checked if they are fastened.  Unfortunately,
they were.
What seems to be the problem?  How big is it?
What was interesting, the second lens (50/1.4) came with the same problem to a
somewhat lesser degree, but it will definetly go back, because it was described
as in exc+ condition with "clean/clear optics and perfect mechanics".  After
unwraping it, I had to clean tons of dust off of it and yes, as you suspected
there was a considerable amount ( and I mean a lot...) of it inside too.
Is this a common problem to the older Zuikos( not the dust, the moving ring)?
My other two Zuiko lenses do not have the same problem.  I also have 5 non
Zuiko and non of them behaves like that.
Thanks in advance.
Boris