Re: [OM] USPS treachery

Subject: Re: [OM] USPS treachery
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 15:29:02 -0800
Walt Wayman wrote:

Instead, the idiots of the United States Postal Service returned the mailer with the unprocessed
film to me today.  Somehow, these morons were unable to figure out that the address on the side
with the stamps and following the word "To" was where it was hoped they would deliver it,
not to the address on the back, following the words "Return address."  It's a shame their
job is so complicated and confusing, requiring the reading of the English language at maybe a
fourth grade level.  Perhaps their lips get tired.

Thanks so much Walt, for providing such an excellent example of "Curmudgeon talk" as a companion piece to the recent definitions ;-)
An alternative viewpoint might be:

On March 24, I sent a perfectly exposed and composed 36 exp. roll of Fuji Provia 100F off to A&I for processing. I thought I ought to be getting a little blue box of incomparable slides back in the mail about now.
Although I didn't receive what I was expecting, fortunately, the United States
Postal Service returned the mailer with the unprocessed film to me today. I
know mail sometimes goes astray and I was lucky the last time that the
recipient was kind enough to return it to me. I count my blessings that this
roll too is not lost forever.

I guess it's time I found a local E-6 processor. Anybody want to buy a dozen or so A&I E-6/Kodachrome mailers? Cheap!
Moose

"Expecting everything to go according to plan is a sure formula for
disappointment."