RE: [OM] Wow....

Subject: RE: [OM] Wow....
From: Skip Williams <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 18:35:20 -0500
PLEEAASE!  This isn't the collector-happy Leica market, where you can actually
get your money back for a lens from a "desirable" serial number range.  Right
now, nobody in their right mind will pay his prices for what he's bought.

You could do better putting your money into a good Leica lens or body rather
than overpriced Olympus OM stuff.  The resale market for Leica gear is
solid....the market for OM stuff is hit-or-miss, except for jonequinn and
zuiko7. :-)

The analogy of what you can buy for $456 today is irrelevant, IMO.  This isn't
about value, it's about a collector's mentality.

If you wanted to buy the best value, it's probably screw-mount Super-Taukmar
lenses.

Sorry to be so hard on this argument, but I had a shitty day.

Skip