Re: [OM] hand held telephoto flash

Subject: Re: [OM] hand held telephoto flash
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 21:21:57 -0800
Matt BenDaniel wrote:

Are you suggesting that I stop down the mirror lens when using a bright flash?
I could partially cover the front with the cap.
Doesn't seem very repeatable.

No, I think mirror lenses really aren't stopdownable, or it would be fairly well known how to do it. I was just pointing out one of the limitations one has to deal with in this situation that may contribute to unsharpness and that might in some cases be incorrectly attributed to insufficient shutter/flash speed. There is more flexibility with a 'normal' lens, but the same problem is always there because stopping down to get DOF limits the flash reach and lengthens the flash duration.

Moose