Re: [OM] Wow....

Subject: Re: [OM] Wow....
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 21:58:42 -0800
Well, I don't see this as truly out of line if the lens was -really- a brand
new never sold in the box lens. What would that lens have cost at a typical
camera store back when OM's and Zuiko's were widely available new? I think
the prices of brand new lenses still available at B & H and such are pretty
high, I think they want ~$300-some for a 24/2.8, and much more than that as
I recall for the 21/2.0 or 16/3.5. If we consider that the buyer might
-only- be interested in a *new* item, the pool of available pieces gets much
smaller... supply shrinks, demand drives prices up. Look at the Leica
collectors if you want to see -real- price dementia! "New in the box" can be
300% more than 'nearly perfect used' items...
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...