Re: [OM] Re: So digital can do it all?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: So digital can do it all?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 11:08:05 -0800

On Thursday, April 3, 2003, at 10:47 AM, Jan Steinman wrote:

Capice. Although the E-20 by no means feels like plastic (it is rather like the single-digit OM in construction), it is a bit of a brute to haul around. I'm anxiously awaiting 4/3rds to get quality digicams back to OM proportions.

Standard disclaimer: I still shoot a lot of film. I still love and use my large OM collection. I am not saying anyone is a bad person for being a "digicam resister." But I will continue to rebut inaccuracies and misstatements about digital -- hopefully in a non-theatening manner... :-)

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>

Great public service.  :-)

The only thing I might question is your statement about the 4/3 being smaller than the E-20. Considering that the 4/3 chip is more than twice the length and width of the 2/3 chip in the E-20 I would expect no size reduction at all and perhaps some growth. Lenses to cover sensor with a 22 mm diagonal instead of 11 mm are not going to be appreciably smaller even if Olympus did not care anything about compactness in design of the E-20, and I think they did.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA