Re: [OM] Photo Printer

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Printer
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 12:44:27 -0800

Appreciate it, Windsor. I'm already moving on it.

Tris

On Monday, March 3, 2003, at 09:37 AM, Tris Schuler wrote:

My question was, specifically: what software is required to make various color profiles to be used by PS and/or the Epson print software? Does the spyder software itself do this? Is is necessary to pick up one of those other independent programs? If so, does anyone on this list have experience with these standalones?

Tris

Tris,

You might want to look at Mike Johnston's column, The Best of 2002, at

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/columns/sm-03-01-26.shtml

It is not a review but a recommendation by a very able photographer who does B & W, like Oly and uses it himself. It is the The ColorVision Monitor Spyder and includes capable software. It is also less expensive than the high end models.

For a review including software see
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/colorvisionmonitorspyder/
If you read the review here you can see the 200ff offer for readers of DP Review.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA