Re: [OM] Photo Printer

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Printer
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 12:50:37 -0800

Like I said I've used Adobe Gamma, plus other similar software. It's better than nothing, but not so hot, really, and totally useless for accurately matching monitor images to print.

My computer's date: I changed it yesterday in order to re-access the Paint Shop Pro v8 beta--that ran out the end of March but I wanted to check on a tool I'd overlooked which Jasc mentioned in an email me to me yesterday--the clone eraser tool or whatever they call it. Actually works pretty good, too.

Tris

I think the advice to try Adobe Gamma first is sound. Clearly it doesn't work for everyone, but it has worked rather well for my particular equipment. It doesn't cost anything to try it. If it works, you save the time and cost of other solutions. My prints match what I see on the screen in color balance. In the usually darkish room with the computer, they look a little darker than the screen, but I haven't changed that since they look correct in better light.

By the way Tris, are you living in an alternate timeverse? Your computer thinks it is March 3rd.

Moose

Tris Schuler wrote:

Thank you, Lama. Yes, I've used Adobe Gamma and several other similar tools, but all this amounts to no more than bustle--it boils down to by guess and by gum. <snip>

Tris,
The way I'm reading this, you already have Photoshop. Until you get a spyder, you might as well calibrate your monitor using "Adobe
Gamma". <snip>