Re: [OM] Photo Printer

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Printer
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 17:04:57 -0800
> ....My question was, specifically: what software is required to make various
> color profiles to be used by PS and/or the Epson print software? Does the
> spyder software itself do this? Is is necessary to pick up one of those
> other independent programs? If so, does anyone on this list have experience
> with these standalones?
>
> Tris

Answers to these questions in detail in Harald Johnson's book. He
devotes at least a couple of chapters that specifically address your
questions including the various spyders and monitor profiling methods
and profiling software and options for printer profiles. He reviews many
of these products and methods. Prices quoted are still quite current as
the book was just published in the last couple of months. Definitely
worth the read, at least the chapters on profiling before
spending/wasting any money.

Mike