Re: [OM] Re: Retro and looking in through the Digital Window

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Retro and looking in through the Digital Window
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 05:50:00 -0500
Actually, I should have said that was the way I 'used' to do it, when both
machines were slower. On my current Dell, I just scan and edit at the same
time.

Tom

With Vuescan, I can do that and I don't notice the overhead on  my G4
with OSX, but that is a very interesting idea Tom.

Chris
On Thursday, Apr 3, 2003, at 11:39 Europe/London, Tom Scales wrote:

> Well, the way I do it is that the film scanner is on one machine and
> Photoshop is on the other, faster, machine.  Machine 1 scans and saves
> scans
> directly to the hard drive of Machine 2.  That way I can be editing
> during
> the scanning without the overhead of the scanner.
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker