[OM] About the 180/2.8

Subject: [OM] About the 180/2.8
From: Bernard Frangoulis <bernard.frangoulis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 13:39:11 +0200
I have travelled for the first time with my 180/2.8... rather heavy, and at times I was not too happy to have to haul it along! But it has been one of my most used lenses. Really useful to isolate a person, or a face, in a crowd. Crips images, nice out of focus effects.

As has been mentioned already, the lens does have some chromatic aberration - however it was only evident in only one shot with sunlight reflections in the water. I was photographing people bathing along ghats in the Ocean (Dwarka, Gujarat, India), the sun was not in the field but more or less in front of me, nice "silhouette effects" with golden frozen wavelets on the water. I exposed for the lights and closed 1 stop. There were some strange blue fringes on the waves on the slide (Velvia). Not too bad though.

Bernard