Re: [OM] Need Tripod and Head advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Need Tripod and Head advice
From: Skip Williams <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 17:15:30 -0500
I had a Gitzo offset ballhead and it drove me crazy compared to one like the
Arca-Swiss, which is centered over a large ball.  I sold that head.

The downside is that a good ballhead isn't cheap.  There are a lot of
photographers trading in their metal legs for CF, so the deals are around.  The
Gitzo upright ballheads are nice, but you'll need a clamping plate, as the
screw-in design gets old quickly.

I found some other notes here:

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=004BCb

http://www.kgcphoto.com/Reviews%20&%20Tutorials/Gitzo_Stuff.htm

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=001VIO

Skip

Please reply to [skipwilliams at pobox.com]
Direct responses to the email address on the header may get lost