Re: [OM] Yay, new toy!

Subject: Re: [OM] Yay, new toy!
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 17:17:37 -0700
At 04:13 PM 4/4/2003 -0400, Andrew "frugal" Dacey wrote:
Couldn't resist bragging here. The Vivitar 2x Macro-focusing teleconverter
arrived today and it looks sweet. Just a couple of dust specs in the lens. I
got it off evilbay for $46 US, not exactly a fang but I think it's a good
price. I'm doubly excited because I leave for China next Tuesday (despite
the SARS concerns, not going to Hong Kong or Guandong province) and I was
worried that it might not arrive before I left. Not exactly planning on
doing a lot of macro shots but I wanted to have a 2x converter with me
anyways and this one is much nicer than the Sigma 2x I have.

It's actually *quite* sweet. The one I got off of Tom Scales was used to take a number of the photographs when I was at White Sands last November, and they're high-quality teles, as far as I can tell. I'm pleased with it -- I think you will be with yours, too.

Garth