RE: [OM] Way OT, delete now if you want

Subject: RE: [OM] Way OT, delete now if you want
From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 10:26:01 +1000
I get it OK.
John.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Mike
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 8:53 AM
To: olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [OM] Way OT, delete now if you want

Sorry to bother the list but this is a perfect forum due to its world
wide
nature. Email directly to me if you wish to respond.

When I try to access http://english.aljazeera.net/ I get the following
message (partially snipped):

> "...the server has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access
the site, and the IP address you are using is in this list...."

I was wondering if this was unique to other members in the US and North
America or was
world wide. I'm especially interested if members in Europe, Asia and
Australia are experiencing the same thing.

Perhaps Al Jazeera is so overwhelmed by the DOS attacks that it just
chooses to block IP addresses.Sort of the shotgun approach.

Again, I don't want to get into politics here. Just let me know it you
can access the site or not.(off list) I have talked to the local ISP who
happens to be my neighbor and he also wonders how widespread the block
is.

thanks,
mike