Re: [OM] om-1 versus om-3

Subject: Re: [OM] om-1 versus om-3
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 08:53:51 -0800

On Saturday, April 5, 2003, at 05:27 AM, Joel Wilcox wrote:

I just mention this because I used to think locking up the mirror and using a cable release was the ne plus ultra. No cigar. Better to cradle the camera and lens and use your finger IMHO, especially with anything longer than an 85 or 90mm lens (or maybe even a 50).

I wonder whether pushing the preview button would settle things down. How much does the automatic aperture contribute vs. the mechanism in the camera that activates it?

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA