Re: [OM] OM-4 Woes

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 Woes
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 11:24:23 -0800

On Saturday, April 5, 2003, at 09:55 AM, Johnny Johnson wrote:

It's about a lot more than being cheap though. If that was the case I'd still be driving the first car I bought and using that really cheap twin lens "2 1/4" from the late 50's. :-) One of the bodies in question was CLA'ed by John about two years ago and was giving bad meter readings within less than 18 months. I don't think that's a reflection of John's work but it probably is a sign of the potential problems with the aging electronics in the bodies.

Anyway, OM's have been my primary SLR system for the past 25 years but I know that at some point I'm going to spring for a new system that includes autofocus lenses and both film based and digital bodies. As I said before, now is probably the time to cut my losses. Is that the call of a Canon EOS-3 that I hear in the background? :-)

Later,
Johnny

You are probably right. I know that some OM lens additions I had as goals have been set aside because of the stampede to digital. I will probably never reinvest in a system camera. I would have been happy with a full 35mm format digital body for my lenses though. Sad it did not happen. I guess Oly has to do the half frame format again. Olympus PEN rides again.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA