Re: [OM] Re: [OM; now *way* OT] So digital can do it all?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OM; now *way* OT] So digital can do it all?
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 23:46:04 -0500
We weren't supposed to use slide rules in 1967, but I had a circular one that I would occasionally pull out. Don't ask me how long it was, but by going around several times the accuracy improved considerably. :-)

Gregg

High school physics, fall of 1972: Spring-steel tensioner, leather sleeve, and magnifier on my jumbo-sized slide rule.

What do I win?

A Zuiko 90, for testing? That "spare" 4000 dpi Polaroid scanner that Tom used to taunt us with? What?

How 'bout this as my second entry: Spring 73, math class: COBOL assignments, to be run at The Ohio State University in footlong batches of punch cards. Do I win a Chevy Monza? Lifetime cleaning and adjustment of an IBM Selectric? My choice of Grateful Dead titles on 8-track? 20"x30" print of "Moonrise Over Hernandez"? Okay, the last one is a ringer.

I'd settle for an genuine print of Annie Leibovitz's shot of Linda Ronstadt in her red teddy.

Lama

PS, I'd settle for that anyway.

PPSS Anytime, too.