Re: [OM] [OT] Crazy Leica prices

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Crazy Leica prices
From: "Julian Davies" <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:59:45 +0100
Some comments (not verbatim) on the press - release as reported by Amateur
Photographer in the UK...
The red spot has been deleted, so people can use then without getting mugged
(oh, and wait for the collectors edition with the dot re - instated)
The paint is DESIGNED to wear off on the corners, (just to prove that the
top - plate is brass)
The L*icavit is an extra (so the camera you buy is really an M6 shutter in
an M7 body with a retro top - plate).
Notice that retro includes such pro - friendly features as KNOB rewind!

I know that some pros have ordered this (from a dealer I know). I can't
understand why. Looks like in every respect you're better off with an M6 if
you're actually interested in USING the camera.

Julian.