[OM] (OM) 135 macro lens hood repair.

Subject: [OM] (OM) 135 macro lens hood repair.
From: "John Duggan" <john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 21:40:26 +0100
Just bought 2 lenshoods from Ffordes UK. Yet another 28 / 48 and a 135mm
macro. Both in excellent condition. However mounting the macro lenshood I
noticed that it was distinctly "lumpy" where it joined the metal
sleeve......That was my first mistake...Attempted to smooth out lumps...hood
came adrift in one or two spots..tried to clean out groove...more came
loose..you get the picture. Some one had superglued the rubber to the metal.
Decided to take apart...Took ages to get apart and carefully clean up using
acetone.
      I am wary of using superglue to re-attach parts...Any suggestions from
the list would be helpful :-))       regards,  JohnDuggan, Wales, UK.